Our fast-growing, ecommerce-driven manufacturing company, Packlane, is seeking a Weekend Supervisor with print experience at our new Louisville, KY facility. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to oversee weekend productivity, quality and timeliness in a clean and safe manufactory facility. As a supervisor you will assign work and give instructions to ensure projects are completed up to Packlane perfection. The ideal candidate for this role has experience leading team members in a production setting, pays strong attention to detail and is committed to workplace safety.
As a supervisor you will:
- Manage and direct weekend manufacturing operations from prepress through to shipping and fulfillment
- Supervise employees to assure efficient work flow and high-quality printing and fulfillment
- Train, assign and supervise the performance of weekend team members.
- Enforce established safety rules and regulations
- Problem solves issues with machinery or staff as they occur
- Manage staffing schedule to ensure deadlines are met
- Production, inspection, packaging and machine operation duties.
- Exam finished samples and approving quality before delivery to client.
- Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available.
- Follow and manage print production schedules to ensure products are produced on time.
- Effectively monitor production equipment.
- Assign duties to team members.
- Maintain a safe and clean work space.
Skills and qualities
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years managerial experience
- Forklift certification.
- Strong knowledge of machines in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to accurately read instructions.
- Able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and stand for an eight-hour work shift.
- Committed to quality, safety and communication.
- Team-oriented and self-directed.
- Background check required.
- Consistently arrive to work on time with a positive attitude.
- The pay for this position ranges from $23 – 25 per hour, depending upon experience, qualifications and abilities.
- Up to $300 per month reimbursement for your healthcare premium.
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.