Customer service is often taken for granted. “Just do your job,” they say. “That’s what we’re paying you for,” they say. Not here. At Packlane, we see it as an art form. Because great service—where details matter most, problems get solved (not deflected), and relationships are built—is magical. We know that without the right person representing us on the front lines, we don’t stand a chance. Our customers come to us because they want the best for their business. And the best starts with you.
What you’ll do:
- Show off your proficient, positive, and proactive personality in every communication with our customers—not just on email, but also on live chat where thinking on your feet is key.
- Be a steadfast Know-It-All when it comes to order status, product info, technical issues, pricing and more. And if you don’t know it all, you’ll know how to track it down. Fast.
- Keep our customers’ accounts up to date, managing refunds or credits when necessary.
- Interact with customers via our internal tools as well as our social media accounts.
- Remember that part about solving (not deflecting) problems? Yeah, that.
Who You Are:
- A total go-getter. You’re bored if you're not rapid-task-switching and you think in parameters. Nothing is more satisfying for you than Inbox Zero.
- Confident. You're excited to be the face of Packlane to the other businesses who order with us. You’re ready to share your personality, think critically, and problem-solve from start-to-finish. You're into video chatting with your coworkers, hopping on a phone call with customers when email or chat isn't a good fit, and you jump at the chance to collaborate with other teams at Packlane.
- Detail-obsessed. You love to discover anything overlooked and live to aggregate the complexities. You plan the tough solutions and find it super rewarding to turn things around with worried customers.
- Enthusiastic and patient. You look forward to being part of a fun, close-knit support team that leads the fun company culture at Packlane as beacons of diplomacy, friendliness, and responsiveness all the time, ever. A communicator at heart, teamwork and clarity keep you going when the work piles on.
- Reliable. Accountable. Dependable. And all the other good -ables. You know what they are.
Required Technical Skills:
- Print and design -- You’re familiar with CMYK printing processes and Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator!).
- Project management systems like Trello and Jira (or similar)
- Google Suite
- Slack, including threading and emoji proficiency ;-)
- Basic spreadsheets
- Touch typing 65wpm or faster, with very few typos. Excellent grammar and consistent use of spell check.
- Comfortable with fast use and rapid tailoring of Saved Replies and macros
- Self-directed fast learner. We try new systems frequently.
Nuts and Bolts:
- Work from almost anywhere! This is a fully remote position.
- Minimum required 15 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 5pm-8pm ET (2pm - 5pm PT)
- Additional coverage available up to 20-30 hours per week during peak season
- 1099 Part-Time Contract Hire